Chartered Accountants with quality service for over 100 years
Waters and Atkinson are the Chartered Accountants with a century long tradition. Providing a first class service and business knowledge, to businesses and individuals in the Lancaster and Morecambe area and beyond.
Many of Waters and Atkinson clients have been with us for generations. However we also have a business start-up service. To help you in the writing of a business plan and how to structure your new venture.
Annual Accounts Preparation
- Produce financial statements for filing at Companies House, and abbreviated accounts to ensure that the minimum amount of your financial information is made public.
- Accounts can be prepared to agreed timescales and deadlines.
- Identify areas where we can assist in minimising your tax liability.
- Identify areas of the business that give you the most opportunity to make improvements.
- Use the accounts to help you measure where you are in meeting your goals and what actions you need to take.
- Take the time to explain your accounts so you are in no doubt what your business looks like financially.
Our philosophy is always to do our utmost to…
- Provide friendly, courteous and efficient service;
- Always exceed your expectations;
- Listen to what you are saying;
- Communicate with you quickly and fully;
- Never surprise you with bills you’re not expecting;
- Be honest, truthful and upfront with you at all times;
- Aim for you to pay the least amount of tax payable within the law;
- Provide pro-active business advice wherever possible.
Meet the Directors
Damien is a director who began his career with one of the ‘Big four’ accountancy firms, qualifying with them back in 1992. Having gained experience in industry he joined Waters and Atkinson in 1995. He became a partner four years later. Damien develops and implements tax planning strategies for clients, after first gaining a full understanding of their situation. He is available to provide specific technical advice and present this in a clear and focused way. He is also primarily responsible for the firm’s statutory audit function. Since joining Waters and Atkinson, Damien has supported several local charities at board level and he is currently a trustee of Unique Kidz. Until recently he was a director of the Lancaster and District Chamber of Commerce.
Chris is a director who qualified with Waters and Atkinson in 2009, after joining the firm following completion of his master’s degree. He has a wide ranging role and meets with clients to discuss many different issues. Chris takes great pride from working closely with his clients. Assisting many people who are new to self-employment. He forms part of our tax planning team, working with businesses to develop cash flow forecasts and business plans. Chris has strong ties to the area and has excellent links with local professionals and institutions. Additionally, he was appointed as a director of the Lancaster and District Chamber of Commerce in 2017.
ContactWaters and Atkinson
The Old Court House
LA4 5HR 01524 410727 email@example.com
What Bay Business Solutions have to say.
Waters & Atkinson are the perfect trusted partner. They are well established, local, and can provide services where we cannot. Emma is able to produce accounts to trial balance, work with VAT, payrolls and submit self-assessments for self-employed individuals. For a lot of our customers that’s great and nothing else is required. However, for our customers running companies there is additional work required to submit accounts to Company’s House and submit company returns to HMRC, that’s where Waters & Atkinson can step in.